Wednesday, December 14, 2011

I Speak Youtube



Cotton has been coming up with some very interesting ways to communicate. The other day he kept saying "pizza chips happy birthday!" I thought he was talking about Landon's upcoming birthday, so I kept saying "yes, it's almost Landon's birthday, but we are not having pizza," you know to prepare him and all. I could by his reaction tell that this wasn't the response that he was looking for, but I couldn't figure out what he meant. A little while late he came to me with the ipad and showed me a video of bouncy castles in the water, and it hit me. We had gone to a a birthday party a few weeks ago in an indoor pool with one of these water castles, and we had pizza and chips at the party, so when Cotton said, "Cotton, pizza chips happy birthday," I said "Ohhhh, you want your birthday at the indoor pool!" His giant smile told me I had it right.

Another time he kept saying "star wars music elevator." Again, I said what are you talking about? I couldn't make the connection. He then brought his ipad over and showed me a symphony playing Star Wars music, and I got it. We had gone to the symphony to hear Star Wars music and rode the elevator.

It amazes me the lengths he has to go to to communicate. The most amazing part is how he pulls these videos up. He doesn't type in key words, he types in complete web addresses as in http:// and all the rest. This kid is such a fantastic mystery, I love discovering how his brain works.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, he is just so smart! And so determined to communicate. I am just so amazed by Cotton all the time.

    ReplyDelete