Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Roll With It

Since acquiring an iphone, I rarely blog anymore. You see, I am old, and it is hard to type on the iphone keyboards. I prefer the old fashioned keyboard, where you can feel the key beneath your finger, alas... I am getting old. Also, adding to my geriatric nature, what is up with fashion right now? I'm a jeans and a tee shirt kind of gal, and um, skinny jeans make me nauseous, also I went to get a new pair of capris, and well, all I could find were skinny capris with cargo pockets, and zippers in odd places. They are making a room for me at Shady Brook as we speak. All of my sentences will thus start with "in my day!"

So, meds (I'm changing the subject) Cotton is doing awesome these days, and part of that, is the return of my awesome husband, but part of that is due to a "reorganization" of his meds. I like talking about meds, I think it is important. Most mom's are all granola and organic, and I have my moments as well, but meds have made such a huge impact on his general happiness, and "functionality" that I cannot dismiss the benefits. I know the other side of the argument, AND I know the side effects, I also know how hard it is to find the right balance, and that the right balance is always shifting, because our kids are always growing, and you know the hormones are coming. BUT, Cotton is happy for the first time, in a long time. He is loosening his obsession with the ipad, playing with his brothers, and TALKING, a lot. He is still impossible to understand, but wow. It feels so amazing to really see my son relax again.

No comments:

Post a Comment