Saturday, January 21, 2012

Yo yo a go go

I got some exciting news yesterday! I have wanted to go through the program to become a yoga teacher for some time now, but, it is a six month program, and it takes up every Saturday, and just in general there was not a good time. I decided I wanted to go ahead and bite the bullet and sign up for the spring semester. I emailed the studio owner, and as luck would have it, she is in need of teacher NOW. She is putting me through an intensive course which should only take a month!! I should be teaching by March. I  was certified to teach children a few years ago, so those hours thankfully, will carry over toward my full certification.  So now I just need to get my yo on. I'm pretty sure by the end of this month I will be exhausted, but the timing and circumstances could not be more perfect.

The boys enjoyed a short week at school because of the Martin Luther King jr. holiday, and were ready for a chill weekend. Let me tell you we are extremely chill around here today. I have never seen a more laziness. They have been drooling in front of the tv almost all day! Landon has his 100th day celebration at school next week, so we did take a break to do his 100 day poster. He decided he wanted to do 100 googly eyes. It was much more doable that his first idea 100 wigs lol. Where does he come up with this stuff?



I've been doing laundry lots of laundry, and I am finishing up a painting for a friend. It is much more traditional than my taste, but I hope she likes it:)

Waiting for this painting to dry so I can add snow, and details.


I also got to Skype with my husband. This will be our last Skype from Afghanistan, he leaves in 24 hours!! Ok he leaves Afghanistan in 24 hours, but he hopefully will be home by next weekend! The kids are so excited. Cotton keeps saying "Daddy, home, baseball,"(he loves going to baseball games with his dad.) I'm not sure how I can explain that it is not baseball season, but I'm pretty sure he will be ok with whatever he and Dad can do together.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds exciting! Glad you can take the more intensive class.

    ReplyDelete