Monday, January 9, 2012

Oh Happy Day!

A blogger friend of mine is doing a week in the life with her family. I thought that was a cute idea, I can't promise I will do everyday, but here's our Sunday...

First and foremost, I honored my new years resolution to get dressed everyday. Sad, I know, but a ponytail, and yoga pants were becoming my uniform. So here is proof, I even got dressed on the weekend.

and here is my adorable photographer....

We all woke up and went to Shipley's doughnuts. The boys love their doughnuts, and I love their egg biscuits. It is kind of a weekend tradition for us. When Dad is home, I get to sleep in and he does the honors. After breakfast, we went to play outside, it was a gorgeous for any day much less January. The boys love to play outside, so there was soccer, swinging, light sabering, and of course Cotton's favorite, leaf floating...
                                (um, I think you have that pointed in the wrong direction there son.)


At some point my favorite neighbor joined us and her adorable one year old kept the boys in line. After lunch, their was play dough, games (we love the busy town game) construction toys, and of course Cotton's favorite IPAD. At one point Cotton erased his communication app and became a bit unhappy (hysterical) of course I could not find the most updated version, so the boys got a movie while Cotton and I tried to figure it out. Crisis averted, it was time for dinner. My favorite neighbor came back so I could run out and get myself cheap chinese food (another family tradition) and she even fed my boys... I love my neighbor. Anyway, bath, books, bed, bed negotiation, disciplinary action and Rev, finally passed out. Landon goes to bed without problem, and Cotton usually stays up with me until I go to bed. I give him meds and he is at least quiet until morning, although he rarely gets much sleep. However, on Sunday for the first time since he was two and a half (save major illnesses), Cotton fell asleep on his own!!!!!!! I hope that doesn't mean he is getting sick but all seemed well this morning. I spent a while texting my husband wishing him a good morning, and continuing the only conversation we seem to have, "I wish you were here/ I wish I was home:)."So it's not fancy but that was our Sunday:) 

Bye ya'll.




No comments:

Post a Comment