Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Tipsy Tuesday

So today I was excited to go to my yoga class this morning, opened the fridge to find no food, and thusly had to go to the grocery store instead. It was thrilling, let me tell you. It is very difficult to grocery shop when your husband is away. Most of our meals are kid food (yuck) I have had my fill of hot dogs, green beans, and mac and cheese. My kids are a little picky, but I like to think of it as a healthy kind of picky. Most of the foods they like are pretty healthy for you, they just cannot all be in the same dish. So you know chili, or pot pie, would be out of the question.






Which brings me to my next stop of the day, lunch with friends. This week is particularly social. I am not usually "lunching with the ladies" everyday, but this week, I'm getting together with all the friends that have been hiding in the holiday cocoon. It was a fun lunch at Jason's Deli. A good portion of my friends will be moving this summer (such is the life of the military family) so I am relishing the time we still have together.

After lunch, I came home and did some rough sketches of a painting I'm "working" on.  The actual painting really doesn't take that long, but convincing myself that I can do it is what takes so long. This particular painting is huge, and I've been "working" on it for a while. I'm pretty sure I will at least have an attempt by the weekend lol. It's all a strange process, I have an idea, I think I can do it, and then I know I can, and then it comes out. There is no logic in the creative process, right? Sometimes it's an afternoon, and sometimes a year. I guess it is a good thing it is not my profession.

upside down, but you get the point.




After dinner, the usual bedtime rituals ensued. I sat down with Cotton to practice pronouns and "ing" verb sentences on his talker. I was disturbed to find in his progress report that the teachers, had not started working on his reading or communication goals. The first part of the year was riddled with panic attacks, but he has been improving a bit. However, at least with me, he is making tons of progress. I wrote a sweet (ish) note to his teacher (who I am actually quite sure is working on the goals) to explain why they had not implemented said goals, or at least had not started taking data on them. I then tried to not think about it. Tomorrow will take care of that problem. After watching yet another "Mad Men" (love that show) marathon, I am turning in for the night.



No comments:

Post a Comment